The Law Library has been integral to the Faculty of Law since it was formed in 1945. The library was initially located in a World War II army hut, a temporary structure unsuitable for housing books. In 1948 Leon and Walter Koerner anonymously donated $10,000 to the Law Library. This figure exactly matched the amount President Klinck had determined was necessary to create a quality university law library. Their efforts paid off rapidly: by 1952, the Law Library had over 12,000 volumes, making it one of the largest collections across Canada.
For more information on its development over the last 70 years visit the History of the Law Library webpage.