Originally located in a repurposed World War II army hut, the Law Library’s modest early history was only made possible through the dedication of various early donors, who supplied gifts of law reports, statutes, textbooks and other legal materials.
One notable early donor was George F. Curtis, the first Dean of the law school. Dean Curtis was passionate about building the library, and in 1945 supplemented its initial rudimentary collection with the purchase of a set of Dominion Law Reports. These and other early donations gave students of the day essential resources for their success, and laid the foundation for the much more extensive Law Library of today.
For more information on its development over the last 70 years visit the History of the Law Library webpage.