The Fasken Martineau Classroom was made possible through a generous donation by Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP in support of the new law building and the establishment of the Centre for Business Law. The firm has a long and storied history and is a leading business and litigation firm respected for its commitment to excellence in client service and sector expertise.
The firm’s origins in Vancouver began in 1889 when Joe Russell joined a Victoria-based firm to run its new Vancouver office on Cordova Street, forming Yates, Jay & Russell. In 1929, Len and Theo DuMoulin joined the firm which formally became known as Russell & DuMoulin. After a merger with major firms from Toronto and Montreal in 2000, the firm became known as Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP.
Fasken Martineau has helped advance women and immigrants in the legal profession and has provided leadership in legal education and access to legal advice.
Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP is home to many UBC alumni and has provided numerous teachers to the law school – some for decades of service. The firm is an affiliated sponsor of the Centre for Business Law, has supported numerous UBC law student bursaries, scholarships and prizes, as well as the Law Faculty Endowment, the Chair in Feminist Legal Studies and the Nathan Nemetz Chair in Legal History.
Pictured are: Dean Bobinski (left), Managing Partner William Westeringh (centre), and LSS President Kelsey Thompson (right).